View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #3012 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I love my AK. Not precision rifles, but don't let the hype fool you. THEY ARE combat accurate. In other words. It's not hard at all to hit a Torso sized target out to 300 yds with some practice. More than enough range for defense/offense and every other kind of fence...

The AR, i would call precision because with the right ammo and barrel twist.(18"barrel) You can make guaranteed head shots from that same range. But hey, Combat doesn't require 300yd headshots. Thats a whole other game.
I love my Noveske M4's, but I have shot enough stuff to know that 7.62x39 tears "stuff" up, does way better on automobiles, and is much better at punching cover---at least when using cheap FMJ.

Anyway, I feel that while my Noveske rifles are VERY reliable (because I run them hard and they work just fine, clean, dirty, whatever), I think that while the envelope I run them in, they are okay with, the AK-47 would allow me to expand that envelope further. Not that I would, but then, using a firearm in self-defense is not about clear-cut, neat and tidy envelopes of performance. I might very well trip and fall into a puddle of muck and then need my firearm to drop a vicious dog or something on my property. Who knows? AK covers more of that.

I am expecting 1-3MOA out of these rifles. They are Bulgarian milled receiver guns, made in Bulgaria, except for a few trigger-group components, and the furniture, at Arsenal of Bulgaria, and they make good AK's. These are not the US finished receivers, they were made and milled in Bulgaria. If I get better than 3 MOA, I will be happy.

I also bought 2 US PALM Battlegrips for them, and Jim Fuller sights. I am waiting for the AK Battlecomp to be in stock, or for more reviews on the Manticore Nightbrake.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote