View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #98 (permalink)
Zat_Zuma
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Touring auto
Zat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of light

Basically the subframe should be removed to have clearance to remove the rear diff bushing. There isn't enough clearance between the frame, rear differential and body to get a proper tool to remove the bushing. Fire and heat may work to remove the bushing but then it's the problem of getting one back in.

Whiteline bushing is a plastic type bushing with a compression fitting.

That is for a 350Z and the 370Z bushing is slightly smaller, so a little grinding may be required for it to fit. The front bushings are a direct fit.

The kit I liked for the front is this:

They haven't developed a rear bushing for the 370Z yet (or since the last time I checked) and the one for the 350Z didn't impress me. I left the OEM bushing in place and just replaced the front bushings on the differential. The rear bushing is still in good shape and some stiffing is better than none. The front diff bushings are really soft and seem to have a lot of movement.

We shall see how this setup works when the car is back on the road, this spring.

The ulimate solid, increased VHM bushing for the rear differential are SPL solid metal bushings with no movement. I just wasn't ready for that level yet.