View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #46 (permalink)
Japanjay
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z MB M6
Japanjay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub370 View Post
IMO the 2 statements above contradict each other. u can't say u want the ultimate man/machine interaction, then use the GTR as an example.

i kinda feel like your argument went full circle in those 2 statements

I believe a machine can do a simple task, such as torquing a bolt to a certain spec, as precisely (if not more) than a man.sucks to say, but its true. and when an engine builder assembles something, does he not count on electronics (such as digital torque wrenches) to complete his task?
The motor is handbuilt. Not machine built. No code written to make human hand move. Reason being is how the stuff fits together and tolerances. If it doesnt feel right then it doesnt get paired to the motor. A machine cant feel that. Machines may have forged the parts, but we all know never is anything exactly the same, hence tolerances, whether human made or machine.

And I agree with your above statement, a machine can do a simple task and down shifting with no thought into the engagement speed of the clutch and how it grabs is what the SRM can do. When the SRM is hanging the revs, it wont stop till you engage, what happens when I dont want to fully engage the clutch, but only a partial to use the tranny to scrub off some initial speed then fully engage so as to not unsettle the car? SRM can not do that, it will hang it on you till you release the clutch. I may not want full engagement, but SRM is not going to let you do that.
Japanjay is offline   Reply With Quote