View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #37 (permalink)
Japanjay
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z MB M6
Japanjay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
I was only referring to on road performance except my last comment regarding warranties. I definitely understand where you are getting at. Being Military, we train until it's muscle memory. SRM doesn't always like to engage 1st, but in every other gear, even a race car driver will fail more times than SRM. Every notable magazine has said this. When watching video's, almost every one I've seen has the driver using SRM. Yes it's still considered a novelty, but I see it as being the standard every manufacturer moves to now that it's been proven to enhance the experience for most. Be happy ours is defeatable The Cayman M6 is always on.
I wouldnt buy a car that controls everything, if it is going to be my "fun" car. That is one thing I like about ours. I can almost turn everything off. Hence why I would love to get a viper. And cars that are truely oriented and marketed at being a track car are using dual clutch set-ups now. I want a three pedal config with nothing else. I am not looking to make a lively hood of racing nor even get some trophy. I just plain ole enjoy driving a manual. Wont have it any other way. In heavy stop and go traffic or cruising down the hwy. I had my friend drive my other car home the other day, it has a 6 puck unsprung CC clutch with a 7.5lb fidanza flywheel. I shed like almost 35lbs just at the transmission housing. That thing is narly to drive, but once you get use to it, smooth as butter. He was like HOW THE **** DO YOU DRIVE THIS AROUND TOWN?
Japanjay is offline   Reply With Quote