View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #32 (permalink)
Japanjay
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z MB M6
Japanjay is on a distinguished road

I still stand behind the fact a machine will never be able to replicate a human response perfectly. Hence why exotic cars and even our own nissan skyline, the most important parts are all assembled by hand.

It is a option that one brand started, majority of the community liked it because heel toe was something that they didnt want to spend years perfecting and practicing. Now other makers are following suit. And this is only my .02 on the SRM on the 6spd. No comment on the 7spd. It is an option to help you, but doesnt mean it is better than doing it yourself. I am not bashing the people that use it be any means nor looking down upon them, just stating my dislike for the way the systems operates in my car. I have turned it on maybe a total of 3 times in the 20k miles I have driven. Each time was to give it another shot, and each time I turned it back off due to the feeling I got from it when driving it. Some might not notice it, but I do.

I am a manual transmission purist. Been solely driving a manual for going on 16 yrs. I heel toe in any car I get in, just second nature now. Just the way my feet move, I dont even notice it. I have friends ride with me and as we are coming to a stop I am downshifting and after a few mintues they always ask what I am doing with the car to make it downshift like that. Even friends that have modified cars comment about how I am doing that. It is something that is kinda hard to get the grasp of, but once you do it becomes second nature. I will state that when someone is trying it out or practicing it, it can be entertaining to watch.

Last edited by Japanjay; 02-25-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Japanjay is offline   Reply With Quote