View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #127 (permalink)
mcwoowoo
Base Member

Drives: EVO9,C350,FX35,370Z
mcwoowoo is on a distinguished road

I've owned both and here's my input on EVO and Z

EVO-
The Good.
1 Easy to mod for power.
2 AWD for snow.
3 Seats 5, you can get away with this as a family with your wife..
4 That BOV sound woooshhhh woooshhhh is priceless..
The Bad.
1 Stupid wheel problems, you danage one, then you gotta replace all 4 togther so that they will have same size and won't damage the LSDs.
2 Tubro lag is very bad with a 2.0L size. There are 2.3 or 2.4 stroker kits, but cost a fortune..
3 (Might not be a bad) You site staright up in the car.
4 Problems caused by mods...more lag, leaks,...

Turbo, 4 wheel drive....I took the car eveywhere, camping trip, skiing, work. It's really nice when it was stock. A year later, I got used of the stock power and started adding parts. I'm sure you all know how it goes on mods, especially with turbo cars. You change one engien part, it will lead you to change another...intake, exhaust, cams, bov, boost controller, larger injector, intercooler, spark plugs, wires, clutch/flywheel, dyno tuning, I even went as far as adding a Alky Kit (a second fuel tank that holds alchol+methnoal, a control module, and a injector that you tap into the intake, when boosting it sparys into engine to mix with the air/fuel mixture and it would cool down the engine internal, and thus allowing higher boost.) It was boosting at 28psi w/about 340HP/TQ to the wheel..........well, the car became very very fast, but undriveable as a day to day car.....tubro lag was very bad (nothing from under 3800rpm), clutch was heavy, and the exhaust sound was killing my hearing.......
The end result of that was I enjoy it less, from 6 days a week to may be only Friday night (lets not get into that =) ).

370z - RWD, nice flat TQ, lower to ground.
I just got the car a week ago, so I don't have too much thoughts yet, but this is what I come up with so far.

The Good.
1 V6 power. I can drive in 6th at local speed.
2 Nice low end power
3 Overall easy to drive
4 Pretty tach gauges

The Bad.
1 Fat wheels pick up rocks too easily
2 Low front end, gotta slowly roll over bumps and ramps
3 Blind spots..OMG I can't see a thing! lol.

I still breaking in the z right now, so I have to drive it really slow. However I can feel that it wants to go and don't like to be shifted at 2000rpm (especiall 1st gear) =) I think because it's V6, it much easier to drive daily. I'll have to wait till i'm done w/ break-in to find out more about it...
mcwoowoo is offline   Reply With Quote