View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #933 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre12031948 View Post
Just wanted to make sure. It's easy for you to do 12.7. Here's how.
Your mph 109+ shows me a 12.7 car. When you don't have gears, like 4:08's, your engine RPM drops significantly after every shift, that's 2/10's right there. Also when you cross the finish line, you RPM in 4th gear should be close to 7,500 rpm or more. With no gears you're are crossing the finish line, I would guess at 6,600 rpm? By not using all the rpm, & NOT staying in the sweet spot(at highest WHP) you are loosing another 2/10's+ 2/10's. I'm sure your 60' is not in the 1.7, 1.8 range. With a good set of drag radials you can do that.

Soooo, gears & traction will put you in the 12.7's Simple!
Simple yes, but not gonna happen. Don't want to spend all that money just to get 0.2 seconds in the 1/4 mile. I'm probably gonna sell the car in a year or so anyway, so I'm pretty much done modding it. Straight line speed is nice, but I'm more trying to see what the Z is capable of in the handling department now.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote