View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #1911 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
I'm referring to the lowest area of the muffler relative to the ground.

If they have used a tapered design, it would appear to give them a good inch or more of ground clearance.
You are right, your question has not been answered until now. We actually never thought of it until you asked. It would require a new design along with alot of R&D! I have no idea what it would do to the sound or tone until we tried it. I can tell you that the design is doable but not easy and it would increase to cost. At the end of the day it would just be easier much more cost effective to shorten the mufflers by a few inches to increase ground clearance. However, it will increase the sound level and that I feel would kill the deal for alot of people.
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"