View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
JoeyD
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 NISMO 370Z
JoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond repute
Default 245 Enough Tire For 332HP? Discuss new tires.

One of my recuring thoughts about the 370Z is that 245 is not enought tire for 332HP. It's not enough for straight line acceleration and it really isn't enough for accelerating out of a curve. I'm thinking a 265 at minimum and maybe a 285. Discuss.

Just talking about rears at this point.

Also, lets talk about tire experiences. One strategy I used on my Speed6 was to increase the width of the tire from 215 to 235 and use a harder compound. This gave me equal traction but much better tire wear. I used Pirelli P Zero Nero M&S and got fantastic wear and performance. There has been alot of talk about wheels and their weights but tire weight is even more important as the weight is carried further from the axis of rotation.
JoeyD is offline   Reply With Quote