View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorazine_IM View Post
even if i do they already told me ecu is fried. i asked if they could just reflash they said no they need a new ecu. its not like if i tell them what i did theyre gonna be like oh yeah? we were just kidding. ecu is not fried. we're just gonna reflash it. lol
Exactly what is the definition of "fried"?

It's possible that the diagnostic unit is seeing "scrambled" data and assuming that the unit is "fried". If the techs know that you scrambled the data, they may be able to reflash the unit. Maybe not.

Maybe the techs at your dealership are not very knowledgeable about ECMs and/or 370Zs. Maybe not. Try finding a dealership that may have more experience with ECMs. At this point, it's worth a try.

Maybe your ECM is fried beyond repair. Still not a good reason to so easily dismiss MJB's comment.