View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantgti7 View Post
Hey Guys,

I have a 2009 Touring 6 speed manual. I bought it at a dealer 2.5 years ago with 10k on it. I am at 32k right now and I have been noticing oil consumption in the last 15k. Yesterday, it took 1 quart of oil to bring the level on the dipstick from the L side of normal to 3/4 of the distance between the L and H of normal after about 1,200 miles. I had a Nissan dealer do an oil consumption test around 25k and they said it was fine. Should I go to another dealer and push harder?
Do another one?

I know there is a chart somewhere here with the "acceptable" specs for burning oil