View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
AlexRaymond19
Track Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370z
AlexRaymond19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorazine_IM View Post
so nissan has my car right now. i didnt tell them i was messing with the ecu hoping to get the repair covered by warranty. i just said car wouldnt start over night. unfortunately i have an aftermarket alarm installed. and of course they said the people who installed the alarm installed something that fried the ecu just so they avoid paying under warranty. is there a chance that the ecu is not fried? maybe theyre just saying that? theyre trying to charge me too damn much. we all know its not the alarm. one of my sources said the remote start interrupted the programming which caused it to not finish because the remote start is drawing power from the battery. im trying to send uprev an email but it wont go through. i guess ill call them on monday. i need to get my baby back on the road!
Normally i would say get it in writing from nissan that the alarm system fried ecu. Go after the alarm company and make them pay damages... But honestly, since you used a product not designed for your year car and ruined it yourself, i would just feel wrong doing it. But to each his own, just trying to give you ideas how to get this payed for