View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
jbrueshaber
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Nissan 370z 6MT
jbrueshaber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackjum View Post
Did you watch them as they installed your tires? Wondering if they took your car on a joy ride and burnt the clutch.
Unfortunately, Porterfield Tire in Athens, GA is big tire shop, and they were slammed on Saturday morning when I got there. So I had a friend of mine pick me up while they swapped my tires. Customers are not allowed to go into the install bays, and they are not clearly visible from the waiting area. I would not have been able to watch even if I would have been there. But, I did have the same idea initially too............

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post
I feel the coilover or tire change has nothing to do with it. Just a coincidence most likely. If you do in fact have clutch engagement difference I'm going to say the CSC or MC is starting to act up. Especially with the mileage. Which seems to be common.

But start with bleeding the clutch then go from there. You still under warrenty so no worries.
Thanks Spohn, that is fantastic news! This is exactly what I was thinking too. Would the increased tire size or lowered suspension void my factory warranty though? I bought the car from Sutherlin Nissan near the Mall of GA, and everyone there is crooked in my opinion. Any trustworthy Nissan dealerships that you would recommend since you are in Ga too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
I agree with spohn, coils have nothing to do with it. make sure you're topped off on fluid and look for leaks around your master and slave cylinder, and/or bleed the system.

Sent from my iPizzle using magic and new-fangled science stuff
Thanks Huck, I will be giving this is a try in just a bit. I appreciate your help as well!
jbrueshaber is offline   Reply With Quote