View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
edub370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z S/T 6MT
edub370 is a glorious beacon of lightedub370 is a glorious beacon of lightedub370 is a glorious beacon of lightedub370 is a glorious beacon of lightedub370 is a glorious beacon of lightedub370 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDZRVIT View Post
There is nothing wrong with the mt in a 370Z for those that know how to use it. I'm in that category with many others in here. I agree with you that you will have a problem trying to down shift into first above a certain speed. I like to do this though in my vette and Z to lock up the rear wheels momentarily. But that's me and it's no worse than doing a burnout when it comes to wear and tear on the drivetrain

Dude why are u doing that?? Why do u think car manufacturers make transmissions that don't allow that? just cuz its fun to do? If u shift into first at anything other than stop, u are driving a manual wrong.

Listen, i love the 370. Clearly, i bought one. but I'm also not delusional. If u think this MT couldn't use a little work (a corvette isn't exactly the industry standard in tranismissions either) then u are drinking the kool-aid a little too much. go drive ANY manual... try sticking it in first at 15mph then report back,

And burnouts don't kill synchros. jamming into first at speed does.

( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by edub370; 02-23-2013 at 07:23 PM.
edub370 is offline   Reply With Quote