View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
IDZRVIT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 CTS-V, '76 Vette
IDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub370 View Post
Guys.... It's called first gear lockout. Many cars, ecoboxes included, that don't let u downshift to first until a certain (and very low) mph. And u should never be shifting into first while rolling anyways . After 10mph, 2nd gear has all the power u would ever need. Only shift into first at a complete stop.

I'm guessing what's happening, is you're trying to get ahead of yourself and throw it into first before fully stopped. Which combined with a car with a super finicky mt (i.e. 370z) then u will have problems. As stated a bunch of times before in this forum, u cannot rush or "force" this trans to do anything.

#sluggish_synchro_problems
There is nothing wrong with the mt in a 370Z for those that know how to use it. I'm in that category with many others in here. I agree with you that you will have a problem trying to down shift into first above a certain speed. I like to do this though in my vette and Z to lock up the rear wheels momentarily. But that's me and it's no worse than doing a burnout when it comes to wear and tear on the drivetrain.
IDZRVIT is offline   Reply With Quote