View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
LMBmikeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
LMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDZRVIT View Post
Yes, you can over cool oil and it will wear out your internals before their time. It's recommended to keep your oil temps at a minimum of 170-ish after the engine has normalized i.e. warmed up to normal operating temps. There are thermostatic plates available which will prevent your oil from over cooling.
ahhhh!!!!! that's right I remember my buddy (mechanic) telling me that when I get it make sure to spend the extra and get it with a thermostatic plate it's a must for that reason! I just didn't remember because that was back when I had my z32 and bought one for it!

Thanks for the info and refresher!