View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #116 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haboob View Post
Take it back!
You didn't highlight the generally speaking part... I think there are probably more people who do not easily learn things with their off-hand or foot than people who do. I was speaking about that (what I assume to be) majority of people who require practice to be ambidextrous at certain activities. Unless you are naturally and completely ambidextrous or you have the gift of dexterity to learn left and right activities with equal ease, then being good at one activity with your non-primary hand or foot is not going to inherently lead to you being good at other activities with that same appendage. For example, I can feather a clutch quite well, but that set of muscles I have developed precise control of over the years is different than the set of muscles I would use to left foot brake. And being that I have never practiced left foot braking, it should make sense that my attempts at left foot driving are woeful at best right now - I don't easily learn activities with my off-hand or foot, so I have to exercise those muscles specifically to have precise control of them. And of course, everyone is different. I just wanted to clarify my comment

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote