View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #195 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawesome View Post
Hoping you guys can help me troubleshoot my clutch. Seems to be slightly different than some of the problems reported here, but not 100%. If this should be in a separate thread, let me know. 2009 z with 47k miles.

The top 50% of my clutch pedal has entirely no resistance to it, especially when I first start the car. After pushing the pedal down, it will come back up to the point where resistance begins, but not all the way back up. Pumping the pedal a few times seems to give more resistance to the pedal. I have bled the clutch about once a week recently, and each time I get a boatload of air from the line. After bleeding the clutch, it will improve significantly (almost back to 100%), but then will become steadily worse day-by-day, to the point of not being able to get it in gear after about a week (at which point i bleed the clutch again). I replaced the master cylinder about 2 months ago, but the problems persisted. The fluid resovoir is at the same level every time I check it, although I have seen some fluid under the transmission in my garage (this could be air replacing the leaking fluid, to maintain the level?)

It seems like most people who have had a slave cylinder failure report that their clutch pedal will actually stick to the floor when it goes bad, whereas mine will come back up about 30-50% of the way.

I brought it to the dealership (even though I am out of warranty), and they wanted to replace the slave cylinder, pressure plate, and flywheel at a cost of about $3000. My research has me thinking that it is simply the slave cylinder going bad (and sucking in air somewhere), and the dealership is trying to screw me. Any thoughts?
I would buy an upgraded CSC from Joe@Zspeed. Also, there is a specific way to bleed the clutch system for our Z's, which can be a major pain to get all the air out. PM Joe and he will give you the details.
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote