View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #194 (permalink)
Jsolo
Track Member

Drives: '12 G37 6MT
Jsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really nice

^^My bet is still on a failing CSC. It hasn't failed entirely in that it's able to build up some pressure, but after a while that bleeds down and you have to pump it up again.

I think your dealer's diagnosis is correct, albeit you can get it done at a better price. I'd go with the aftermarket zspeed csc which is metal, not plastic, and should last the remainder of the car's life.

To replace the CSC, the trans has to be dropped. The design on these cars is not like the older ones where the slave was externally mounted. If you're in there to do a CSC, then it makes sense to replace the rest of the clutch parts. Everything is open and right there.

Unless you've messed with the lines and have failure elsewhere, my guess is on the air entering through the failed csc seal.

In part, this was one of those things that prompted me to get the extended warranty. Nissan's powertrain coverage is a joke in context of MT's. The CSC is not a wear item, it's a part like a syncro or a gear that requires no maintenance, and should be covered. Yet it's not.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out. Also, who ever does the work, make sure they save your old parts. It should be evident if the csc has indeed failed or not by the pics.

For sale links
Jsolo is offline   Reply With Quote