View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 12:22 AM   #107 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeslice View Post
It never ceases to amaze me that conventional oils are even legal. There's no benefit at all to using them except during break-in. After that, a person should NEVER use them again. Ever person I've known to put in Amsoil has seen some kind of MPG improvement, which negates the cost of their oil.

I have tried just about every synthetic oil on the shelf. Amsoil has given me the most gains and has cost me the least amount of money to use, plus the stuff has all kinds of ASTM testing proving that their oil is better than Mobil 1, Red Line, Royal Purple, Lucas and everything else popular that other people seem to want to bother with.

After I have figured out the gains in MPG, Amsoil has been free ever since I switched over to it. The gas I save far exceeds the cost of the oil which makes it worth it.

If another oil was better, I'd use it. So far nothing I've seen or tried is proven to be any better. I've known many friends or co-workers over the years to have blown engines while using Royal Purple, Red Line and Mobil 1. I have never seen one single person blow an engine while using Amsoil.

If I had the time, I'd become a dealer for Amsoil, but I don't have the experience of making web sites, etc. to do so.
LOL - this is pretty much the reason I haven't used Amsoil. The "followers" remind me of Amway salesmen. Based on your logic I can put Amsoil in my engine and run 30 lbs of boost on stock internals because you've never seen an engine blow up with Amsoil. Anecdotal stories are not much to go on. Most people have figured out change your oil regularly, keep it topped up and use a synthetic. Other than that you are arguing infinte details that just don't matter. I have no idea how people can say their mileage increased/decreased with any certainty unless the conditions are strictly controlled which is not possible in normal driving conditions. (Elevation, air density, moisture, presure, throttle input, road conditions, etc, etc, etc - there are too many variables and the results are not repeatable which means they are unreliable).