View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #435 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Ah I suppose I should mention what was missing from the instructions since those who have already installed it must be wondering now if something isnt setup right with them.

There are 2 updates I will be putting into the PDF.

Major Update: Before putting the final lid on the assembly, I never actually said to put the surge can fuel pump output hose on the fitting and clamp it. If your car is running, you intuitively connected this. If your car isn't running, you follow instructions better than the other guys

Minor Update: Apply teflon thread sealant to the 3 studs before final install of the 3 nuts with sealing washers. Those 3 studs used to be bolts, and therefore needed no sealant. But it was found easier to install by switching to studs and nuts, so the threads themselves need to be sealed since those threads go all the way into the can. Without sealant, there could be very minor fuel seepage visible... I do not foresee a DRIP or anything, but more like some wetness on top of the unit without thread sealant.