View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #547 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by elperuano View Post
Great info!
My only concern is how much of an issue is this if so many boosted 370s are out there and STILL out there and I can't think of much that have blown motors. There's some over 10k miles and still running. I'm at 6k n have had no problem whatsoever.
Is this really an issue or is it being taken overboard? Losing fuel at the top end would be disastrous and for boosted 370s n g37s to have been running on the road for so long with no fuel issues seems like it's not a real problem at all.

In the end it's still a great build and the attention to detail is very nice.
Well you have to look at it for what it is. I have a lot more miles than you and have not had a problem either. However, that does not mean my car isn't experiencing any fuel pressure drop.... and to not have a blown motor does not mean I dont have it. If my car has it, then I tuned around it, and I didnt even know. Thats not clean, pro, or consistent... but its my own car and im not trying to sell it to anyone.

Pressure drop, being that it occurs when part of the system is operating at 100%, means its profile can change from the slightest difference in environment.

If your car has pressure drop, and a canned tune youre running was built on a car with pressure drop... well then its going to be pretty close and you might never experience a problem. However, it leaves room for the unfortunate guy who just happens to have the wrong combination of environmental conditions to cause the pressure curve to go rogue enough and cause potential engine damage. An EMS tune on the stock computer has no way of compensating for fuel pressure swing on its own... so it can be tuned around, but if that swing moves at all, the tune is no longer good for that pull.

Thinking back... my A/F in my 370z isnt all that consistent. Some pulls im leaner or richer on top than others. I always just attributed it to the fact that I am a noob with the UpRev, or that I run E85 which is hardly consistent. The fact is that my tune is conservative enough that I have plenty of room for error.

But... on the wrong day and the wrong tank of gas, the variables could overcome the conservative buffer in my tune and BOOM.

Maybe my inconsistencies have more to do with fuel system inadequacy than my tune or selection of fuel. Never checked!

Information is boss.

Last edited by phunk; 02-20-2013 at 10:49 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote