View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #534 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Simply because one persons 370z is not flowing enough fuel yet to show a pressure drop between the pump and rails (or so they do not believe, depending on what evidence they have to support this claim) does not mean other cars will not. To make such direct comparisons would be unwise. Example... I have an A/F gauge in my 370z. I have a fuel pressure gauge in the ENGINE BAY... nearly worthless. My car is making similar power to the test vehicle in questions here. Now, I dont THINK my car is dropping pressure... but how do I know? I dont. My A/F is good to redline... but I have 1000cc injectors and my pressure would have to drop quite a bit to not get the quantity of fuel I need. My pressure gauge, being in the engine bay, only allows me to make sure my pressure is correct at idle. For all I know, my pressure might be dropping by 20psi by redline. :shrug: I never had a reason to look! If this test car in question here didnt have an in-car pressure gauge, who knows if they would have even known.

As you reach the maximum output of just about anything in this world, you find that every tiny little detail begins to have massive effects on where the precise maximum is. This is why automotive manufacturers always build their cars to operate systems at much less than 100%. 100% is not reliable, and it is extremely distant from CONSISTENT.

I think that it is great that they are watching the details on this build. While I do not worry about my car blowing up, and I dont worry about their car blowing up... its a very different game when the car is in possession of experienced tuners. They can make sure its not going to break even when pushing it to the limit. BUT, they want to put together a high quality turbo system for the consumer, and some versions of that kit are going to include a tune I would assume. This means they need to watch and log everything within reason to make sure that the tune they build is going to behave the same on their customer's installations.

Last edited by phunk; 02-20-2013 at 09:24 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote