View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
kdoske
Track Member

Drives: 800whp Unicorn FI Z
kdoske is on a distinguished road

I went on auto trader and contacted EVERY dealer that had the Monterey Blue/Persimmon color combo by email. It was about 5-10 days before then end of the month (get better deals towards the end of the month). I told them I was a serious buyer, was pre approved (uploaded a copy of my pre approved letter to image shack and included the link in the email) , and I was not going to pay anything over dealer invoice. (I also included a link of dealer invoice pricing). I told them if they liked my terms and if they wanted to sell a car tomorrow then they could contact me via email or my cell phone. I also let them know that I contacted every dealer in the country that had this color combo with the options I wanted as well (which was about 14 other dealers).

Most contacted me, some tried upping the invoice price but a few gave me an invoice number. Needless to say I went with the dealer that was closest to me and had the cheapest air fare. The salesman transferred me to the closing person where I recieved the EXACT price of my car. I then had my lender overnight fed-ex the check to them. I took off of work for the rest of the week and I flew out the next day and drove it home!

This was by far the best car buying experience I have ever had. I don't think I will ever set foot on a dealership again to actually purchase a car. I will use this method every time--it was all too easy...

So I guess you can order today and wait 5 months or whatever or purchase a 150-200 dollar one way plan ticket and have it in a week. Well, thats assuming you find a few cars on auto trader exactly like you want it.

Last edited by kdoske; 09-29-2009 at 08:22 PM.
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote