View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #2887 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

I have the day off so I went to Ford and drove their v8 GT 6spd. Then I went to Toyota and drove their FRS.

I know I've done a few mods to make my Z just right, but WOW! I could not wait to drop the keys an get back to my car.

The GT felt thick and heavy. It was the driving equivalent of trying to chew gum with a mouth full of Novocaine. It had power and fairly decent trim, but oh my god it was like driving a truck. Heavy, dead steering, tons of body roll. Definitely not for me.

The FRS was light and nimble and nice. I really, really liked it... until I tried to zip up the on-ramp into traffic. It was absolutely pathetic!!! Like going from a Harley to a 10 speed. I actually started laughing at it (which the ride along sales guy didn't like too much). After limping along, reved out, trying to produce some power, I gave up and took the next off ramp then limped back to the dealership.

I Got my 09 Z used for the same price as that new FRS and there is NO comparison. None. The dealer guy hopped in my Z and I took HIM for a test drive and he said something like "Yeah the FRS is definitely not going to be enough for you after this(referring to the Z). I asked him to call me when the FI models come in and we could try again. As he sat in my ride, he was like a kid in a candy store as I pointed out things like SRM, my mods, the keyless start etc. We parted friends, had some fun, and he knew I would probably not be calling him to make an order.

You guys all know these things. I'm sure you read the same reviews I have. Here is my point. If you ever start taking your Z for granted. Take a few test laps around the local car dealer row. 2 hours later you will be reminded what you loved about your car in the first place.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix