View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #52 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
I think sticking anything loose in the intake manifold is risky. It could get drawn into a cylinder and cause problems but there really is no other way. except a bung in the manifold and screw-in type temperature probe. The bung can be blanked with a bolt & teflon tape if you're after a somewhat reversible mod.
Yep. Whether or not I use that method will depend a lot on the construction of the sensors (will they stay together in that location).
Drilling a port in the manifold would probably be the best solution, but I don't want to drill holes in things if I don't have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
If you want your IAT to drop quickly from a stop light, i'd strongly suggest making a home made HSRK. It cost me less than the foil tape!
This is the first time I've seen the term HSRK used. Looked it up and it appears to be a fast-responding probe and/or relocation.
I like the idea of a faster-responding sensor, but I'm still on the fence as far as relocation goes. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the purpose of AIT relocation, but it seems to me that it would make more sense to put the sensor the ECM uses in the manifold. But I guess it depends on what the ECM does with the data. If the ECM is already compensating for the additional heat gain of the ducts, then the manifold may not be the best place.

Thanks for all the input. Feel free to offer more tips and suggestions.

Somewhere down the line I would like to see how much the TB heaters affect air temp. But I'm getting ahead of myself.