View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #494 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Update,

Called the night early rain is coming down hard and its cold. The fuel pressure is still dropping but stabilizing around 42 psi at the top of the run. Definitely not ideal but we are working in the right direction. We were able to clean the air/fuel up somewhat from last time and get the car to take more timing. Final results for tonight:

546 RWH / 457 RWT backed up by 540/454 and a handful of runs slightly below that.

91 Octane (Pump)
10.03 PSI
Full open FI 2.5" exhaust

Below is a dyno chart from tonight with the best run from February 7th attached to it as well. That run is Run #7. As you can see there is a substantial gain tonight over the run from 2/7. By getting the fuel pressure to stabilize up top it is allowing us to add about 4-5 additional degrees of timing with absolutely zero detonation. Our tuner Sebastian@SpecialtyZ wears a set of special head phones that are directly plugged into the ECU. He can detect the slightest bit of detonation when it occurs. The timing is still fairly conservative at 18 degrees on 91 Octane. In addition now that we have the electronic boost controller wired in it is giving us full adjustability to regulate boost and wastegate spring pressure. This is helping the torque out quite a bit.

It is a safe bet to say we are pretty much finished on the 2.5" exhaust system. First thing tomorrow morning we are going to play with a few things in the fuel system. Basically try to get the fuel pressure to stabilize at a higher psi. We will also switch over to the full open 3" FI exhaust.

Stay tuned...

Thank you, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"

Last edited by F.I. Inc.; 02-20-2013 at 12:07 AM.
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote