View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #51 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

I think sticking anything loose in the intake manifold is risky. It could get drawn into a cylinder and cause problems but there really is no other way. except a bung in the manifold and screw-in type temperature probe. The bung can be blanked with a bolt & teflon tape if you're after a somewhat reversible mod.

The foil tape wont make a world of difference but like you said - every bit counts.

If you want your IAT to drop quickly from a stop light, i'd strongly suggest making a home made HSRK. It cost me less than the foil tape!

The additional insulation etc will help ensure the air stays close to what your IAT sensor is telling the ECU by the time it reaches the manifold.
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote