View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #50 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipsWithDips View Post
For anyone with silicone post maf tubes, you could try intalling a port like this:
http://www.siliconeintakes.com/produ...17d07128d8115b
That's a neat little widget. I'm using the stock duct work (one set with insulation, one without), but I will definitely keep it in mind if I go to silicone tubes.

Quote:
I would not recommend trying to sense temperature from a vacuum line as it will not have consistent airflow through it.
What I have in mind is to insert the probe _through_ the tee and into the manifold. Since there is not much flow, the slight blockage from the wiring _shouldn't_ have a big effect on engine operation. I hope.

Quote:
I doubt that wrapping stock airboxes with insulation will do a whole lot as the plastic is already not a very good heat conductor. I would think wrapping would have better results on an aftermarket intake w/ aluminum piping. It's still nice to see people trying to experiment and get some actual measurements though, so I won't try to stop you
You're probably right. I'm just trying to drop the temp a few degrees and will be surprised if it makes much of a difference in performance.
I am hoping that temps will drop faster after a long stop light during hot S AR Summers, but I'm not expecting miracles.