View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #201 (permalink)
CCCLXXZ
Base Member

Drives: T/S/MB/6 370z
CCCLXXZ has a reputation beyond reputeCCCLXXZ has a reputation beyond reputeCCCLXXZ has a reputation beyond reputeCCCLXXZ has a reputation beyond reputeCCCLXXZ has a reputation beyond reputeCCCLXXZ has a reputation beyond reputeCCCLXXZ has a reputation beyond reputeCCCLXXZ has a reputation beyond reputeCCCLXXZ has a reputation beyond reputeCCCLXXZ has a reputation beyond reputeCCCLXXZ has a reputation beyond repute

I have the same expectations...

But from someone who has first hand experience...

This car may have problems from the factory... trans problems, oil burning problem what ever the speculations are spinning now.... anything you do to enhance the car will just exaggerate those problems if they do exist.

If this was a fifth year production model with units containing 75k+ miles on the drivetrain system, with no repetitive and significant problems I would say yeah it is possible. But a new model with new technology, it will cost you and anything is possible.

No longer are we in the era of carbs and five speeds, no longer in the cable driven throttle bodies and 6 speeds, but now have fly by wire, adaptive ecu, computer controlled transmissions... my rule of thumb, if you can't afford to fix it dont mess with it. Including the engine components and transmission. Spending 6k on a supercharger? Spend the other 3 or whatever on forged pistons and rods.

Still want to mod more? Sell the 370 and get into a used 350 to have the cash to play.

No money, no honey!

Nick J.