View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #89 (permalink)
CDepp
Track Member

Drives: sideways
CDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
I not saying its totally the same, but the whole deal is about coordination and control. The design or placement of the pedal are done because most people are right handed and have little or no coordination with their left hand or foot. It all goes back to left handed equals sinister or wrong! However, if you grow up knowing only how to left foot brake you would not know that it was "wrong."

So if you can't dribble a basket ball with your left hand, switch hit or are otherwise ambidextrous it probably not a smart move. I played college baseball with a guy that pitched both games in double header, one right handed and the other left and won both of them to get his team to the 5A CIF championship So Cal. I doubt that he would have a problem left foot braking!
Well, then left foot braking is like juggling and eating with chopsticks?

Guess my beef is with the "if you can't left-foot brake, don't try toe and heeling!!!" part really.
The usage is nothing the same. Toe and heel is completely slowing the car without any acceleration going on, only rev-matching the engine for a lower gear with the clutch disengaged. As long as the clutch pedal is on the floor, there is no chance of both the car trying to go forward and stop simultaneously where left foot braking can leave a person.