View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #85 (permalink)
CDepp
Track Member

Drives: sideways
CDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkouonchi View Post
Heh.. I thought about (as a joke) putting an option for driving with one foot on a manual transmission =). I can do it except starting out in first... that would be really hard to do (although not impossible) with one foot. Starting would be very slow though.
When my CSC went out in my Integra GS-R, I could actually get the RPMs low enough to get into first and skip back up to speed. The technique, while sounding crazy, would be to come to stop in neutral (else the car would stall) and rev it up to about 4K, and on the down-choke, I would dump the AC to high. I could get it down to about 400RPM and grind it into 1st with a open door and a kick of the leg. In traffic, I would just force it to stall in 1st and use the starter to get it rolling.

Amazingly, I got 254,800+ miles on it before it was sold.

Only had to replace the CSC, throwout bearing, and starter once.