View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #79 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
hi scruffy- i think the nismo is more of an all driving car, not a daily driver type...meaning, bare minimum convenience things and light as possible. i would not have been surprised if they released a stripped version like the s2k CR with a/c and basic stereo as an option.

your goal is to have all the luxury of the touring and the nismo styling. it's one of a kind.

mr. gurney converted his 40th to nismo body kit with nismo wheels. looks fantastic. very original.

now going back to the nismo badge... that's completely up to you.
I do know what you mean when it comes to the dedicated purpose of the Nismo 370z. I am about function too, but when it comes to weight, I don't think the weight difference of the Nav or additional electronics would have killed the performance of the Nismo. Unless it's a full blown race car, and I can say >95% of the Nismo 370z owners actually care about the stripped out stereo and turn it into a dedicated track car. They drive it daily/weekends and would prefer a nicer radio, a/c, possibly heated seats, integrated garage door opener, some maybe even automatic seat adjustments.

Maybe this is a stretch, but if you consider the GT-R for a second or a ///M3, they too have a standard Nav (GT-R w/ that PS3 display too) with all the bells and whistles. But then again those cars are a lot more expensive so one would expect that stuff to come std. I think it comes down to what the general market's willing to pay and what kind of customers they can attract.

A stripped down bare bone interior Nismo 370z at $42K, one would already question if it's really worth it. If they did try to market the JDM Nismo 370z in US, it would easily be another ~$7K-$10K. At that point, they'll realize that the market is very slim and they'll go back to what the general market would pay for and can live without. In the end I believe it's cost. This same goes with the 40th Anniversary edition, aside from US, outside market have the option to get it with a Nav. If you look at what they're already asking for the 40th Anniversary edition, we're already looking at $40K+ MSRP for the same car that's a lot less.