View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #44 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
Where did you get the 95*F figure? I'm very interested in reading more about this topic as over here in Australia, we experience ambients over 30 degrees celsius for half the year. But from general driving experience this summer i think you're on the mark. It could be even lower like 30*C/86*F as that's when i start feeling the bog on take off.
I wish I could remember where I saw it. I think it was on this site but a Q&D search didn't turn up anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
As for the foil wrap, mine overlaps a few mm over each section of tape and that's the way it should be. The places i wouldnt do extra layers on is the side which faces the front of the car as that's where mine looks quite snug. Every other side you have sufficient room to go nuts
Thanks for the input.
The front of the filter box was fairly easy to do and I ended up with no overlap for most of that area. It looks like covering the bottom of the filter box is going to be a PITA. I plan on looking online for a blanket-type insulation for the tubes between the MAFs and TBs.

I may have found a thermometer.
4-channel temp logger on eBay. Comes with two sensors. Extra sensors can be had for $2-5.