View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARFCOM View Post
Is it public information what the accurate flow rates are for the stock fuel injectors and MAF sensors are? Any flow rate curves?

Does anyone know the actual manufacturer & part numbers for the MAF sensors & injectors?

Has any 370Z owner ever 'pegged' a stock MAF sensor after installing a CAI & exhaust system?

I recently purchased a book written by Greg Banish titled 'Engine Management Advanced Tuning' after someone suggested it here on the forum. So far I'd say it's a great book, I've really learned alot about all the new technoloy that new cars use. Prior to purchasing my 370Z I'd only dealt with old school carbs., distributors, points and such.
That's a really great and useful book, BTW -- good pick up.

Some of the parameters it talks about are not accessible by Uprev (e.g., dashpot calculations), although they may be with EFI software, if it ever comes out.

Overall, a great resource.

Not sure what the flow rates are, but you can figure it out using the calculator here RC Fuel Injection

Based on that, and assuming 52 - 43.5 psi of fuel pressure with 332 bhp and max duty cycle of .8 (typical for OEM) it should be between 332 and 366 cc/min, respectively.

As to the MAFs, I believe they can handle up to around 500 whp before maxing out.

Easiest way to find out is to see what sorts of intake plumbing diameters and power levels some of the bigger turbo kits are offering -- they'd offer a different MAF if it was hitting close to 5 volts on their set-up. Wider plumbing will stretch that out (slows down air velocity, so hotwire will read lower -- opposite effect with narrower plumbing), but with enough boost, you'll eventually just need a different set of sensors.

EDIT: Arghhhh I can't seem track down this info, but if someone else wants to give it a whirl, they are Densos and the Nissan part number is 16600-EY00A (non NISSAN p/n is FJ1016).

I found some evidence of Denso yellows for OEM applications rated to 370 cc's, so that is probably right.

Last edited by Jordo!; 02-19-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote