View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #31 (permalink)
kellyefields
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Supercharged
kellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of light

I dont have a pic at the moment but think of a u shaped piece of paper ruffly that size. the problem I had was my kit did not have the shield. I would then have problems where my car would go into a limp mode of sorts. I would be driving fine around 65 or so and as soon as I would slow down and my rpms drop under 3k I would not be able to go above 3k like a valet mode of sorts. would have to shut the car down for 30 seconds and restart. It would also throw multiple misfire codes and banks to rich on the dash. I was finally able to dignose it when doing the retune with their high speed fan and it would have the MAF jumping all over the place if the car was not under load but under load it was fine. we placed a box in front of the filters and it solved the problem, so I came up with this air box and have never had a problem. gets pleanty of air when it needs it and no direct airflow when it doesnt.