View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #140 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachap55 View Post
Toyota is re-calling 50,000+ cars due to starting problems(i think its the battary cable)why doesn't nissan to "the right thing" when it comes to steering wheel lock problems....it is a safety issue. Toyota has had a lot of recall problems, but they seem to try and work with their consumers i love my 2010 nissan plat.370z roadster but i would think twice before i buy another nissans.
This is a direct quote from me in another thread:
I think I have a case against Nissan - Steering lock fuse

From my understanding it's not necessarily a safety issue... Those get more attention because of the Fight Club formula, which IS true, and the way recalls are coordinated.

"A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60MPH, the rear differential locks up...
The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside...
Now... Should we initiate a recall?
Take the number of vehicles in the field (A)
Multiply it by the probable rate of failure(B)
Then multiply the result by the average out of court settlement (C) [in our case, cost of replacing the steering lock]
(A) times (B) times (C) equals (X) A*B*C=X
If "X" is LESS than the cost of a recall, we don't do one

Now, everyone pulling their steering locks BEFORE their warranty is up is ruining your stats... That's why mine is firmly in place

And YES I agree, if you have one, it WILL eventually fail... But if you're disabling it, or you drove a lot and didn't buy a warranty or the opposite, you drove your car very little and 3 years came up before it failed, you're falling outside where they care and need to worry about you.

ALSO... You most likely won't be able to start a recall... You might be able to start a class action lawsuit by those who were out of warranty and had to pay out of pocket, but all of a sudden, that number becomes really low... And class action is out of the question....

Best bet... For those who get f'd, call Nissan's Ombudsman... Tell them look, this is BS, it was recalled on the GTR, why not this car, it's EXACTLY the same and this is more a driver's DD car... See what happens
The only reason IMO they DID a recall for the GTR is that it's twice the price, and you don't want to piss customers off who paid 100k for a car

New info!!!
I have seen 2 members on the forum that recently stated that Nissan paid them back and all they had to do was either send an email or make a call!!!