View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
kellyefields
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Supercharged
kellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
I'm having this exact same issue. Had my tuner data log it while i was driving the car...says the MAF's voltage is fluctuating a whole voltage up and down like it doesn't know what to do. Mine is occurring around 2900-3200rpm (normal cruising rpm) But when i'm on the accelerator the symptom goes away. Prior to upgrading my bypass valve, the issue occurred at a higher rpm range 3500-4000rpm. The theory is that it is air turbulence on the MAF's and/or poorly designed reciruclation tube where it connects back into the main tube going into the blower. The recirculation tube right now basically T-bones into the main tube when ideally it should curve into it facing the blower.

But as of now, i have no solution. The shop i take my car to wants to extend the pipes before the MAF's to see if that would help. So if you find a solution, please let me know.

you can build a air box that should fix the problem. I took some thin aluminum from lowes and bend it around the front crash bar under the filters and up around the back of it. I did this and do not have any problems at all. this will prevent direct air from entering the filters and causing the MAF's from getting a bad reading.