View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Hey guys thanks for all the comments!

Mike those look great, I was wanting to paint that chrome part around the reflector black, and just smoke the reflector, but after trying to get them apart for a few seconds I was like, "nah better not" haha they sounded like they would crack! Thanks for your post, nice to know it can be done without ruining either the reflector or the other piece attached to it.

In the end what I did was just paint the whole thing black, and it looks great, however some may prefer keeping the reflector orange and just painting the outer edge.
yeah, the orange reflector is actually two pieces, joined where the 90 degree is. You take the top one off first, then the smaller bottom one. THey are just held in with a couple of plastic heat welds on the outside and some small tabs inside. Then use a soldering iron to reweld them together after painting.