View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #44 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
In my case, the Z is more expensive to insure than the STI.

I had also toyed with the idea of buying a Z06 over the summer, and it was still cheaper to insure than the Z.
Premiums for this car keep going up and really don't understand why... I find the Z, with VDC on to be extremely stable, sport brakes alone, should be reason enough to discount the insurance. Power is strong but comes on smooth. The Z doesn't even truly feel like a sports car till you're cruising around in the 3500-4000rpm range in 3/4th gears. Which i do for extra fun but it sucks my car clean of gas. I'm sure most people don't do this... We don't seem to be in any extraordinary ratio of accidents.
The days of 24/7 aggressive sports cars are nearly gone. Most of these cars are bi polar. Tame when light on the pedal and wake up when all the right formulas are engaged.

I remember 80's camaro's mustangs and such. Those cars in v8 sport form were hard to drive. Even the v6's had an aggressive pedal. They were just aggressive all day long. The majority of sports cars today are more docile and all this insurance shyt is crap.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote