View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
TPYD
Base Member

Drives: 10 370z
TPYD is on a distinguished road
Default Buying advise? 2013 vs 40th Anniv 370z

Hi,

I am looking to buy a Z soon here in Canada and I am comparing between the two, I hope you can help me out with a few questions that I have and give me more insight so I can come up with an informed and better decision. I wanted to post/create threads in their respective sections, but I figured this will be easier. Thanks in advance!

General details
40th anniv:
Sticker Price: $36,888
Mileage: 16,000KM-ish
Transmission: Manual

2013 Base + Sport Pack
Sticker Price: $42,995
Mileage: 30KM-ish (says used, but it seems it is brand new)
Transmission: Manual

(I can post the links of the advertisements upon request)

Facts and wishlist:
Budget: $30-32K
I am more inclined on cosmetic differences of the car
I am more inclined on a higher selling value after 3-5 years of usage after my purchase

Questions:
1. Care to give an estimate for each on the above for their invoice price? This way, I can determine if the price difference versus the car/specs/inclusive package differences is worth it.
2. This will be my first car, and I have read that 09 to some 11 models are affected by steering wheel lock issues. Is it safe to assume that the 40th anniv model is not immune to this issue? If they are affected, would you recommend such for a first time owner?
3. Are Z's imported here in Canada from the US? Or are they assembled here in Canada?
4. What about the trade in value of the Z after 3-5 years, I assume the 2013 model will be of higher value vs the 40th anniv?
5. Is Feb to Mar of the year a good time to buy one? Does prices change with respect to the season?
6. Let us assume that I would go for the 2013 Z, is it possible to get an invoice price with the budget I have?
TPYD is offline   Reply With Quote