View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #318 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bonanni View Post
Yep, I am just patiently waiting until I have the funds to get a track ready setup again. And by that I mean ditching the ABS and getting a dual master brake setup with adjustable bias, CJ Motorsprots fuel pump thingy that fixes the starvation issue, and a truck/trailer. Then I can start having fun at the track with the Z again. Its just not fun when you spend the whole time worrying about ice mode and not even being able to drive the car to 100% of its potential.
I'm with you man! I curtailed track days big time due to several issues. Ice mode was one. Even with my fix I'm spooked and never go into turns way I did before ice mode experiences. Rear diff cooling was another. Lack of full cage spooked me as well once I supercharged the car as I was doing well over 130 mph at some of my local tracks. Think what it would be like to have 150 more hp than you have now and 400 lbs lighter going into turn at speed. I can't loose that thought of car not stopping!

I'm fortunate in that I have started to work with one of the guys who developed 370z grand am cars for AM. Will be turning my car into a track monster now. car Goes in for seam welding and cage and other goodies soon. So maybe later this year I will get on track more.