View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #137 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peculiar View Post
Steering wheel lock light. The one to the left of the message center. Sorry, new to the Z so I am not 100% positive on the signals.
That's the one that comes on for a steering lock failure, but, since the car is starting normally, I'm not 100% convinced that it's not something else.

First thing I'd do is disable the SLU (pull the SLU fuse or install a harness or cut the brown wire) - even if that is not what is causing the light, it needs to be done. There are several very good DIYs on this site for each method; choose whichever works best for you. Just make sure the car is in ACC or ON and the lock is fully retracted (making the switches) when you disable the SLU.

If you still get the light, try changing the fob battery.