View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #53 (permalink)
pfdaxe
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Touring AT Sport
pfdaxe is a splendid one to beholdpfdaxe is a splendid one to beholdpfdaxe is a splendid one to beholdpfdaxe is a splendid one to beholdpfdaxe is a splendid one to beholdpfdaxe is a splendid one to beholdpfdaxe is a splendid one to behold

Update to my system:

This weekend I finally added a second amp and front component speakers.

This is what I have for my complete system:

Front Speakers:

Polk Audio DXi6500 6 1/2" Components (crossovers in front kick panels)
Base Speaker Brackets from Nissan Dealer (no need for spacers)
Custom Fabricated Tweeter Mounts (made from corregated material removed from trunk area)
Replaced OEM wires with 12 Gauge wire

Front Speakers Amp:

Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-2 (2ch. amp)
Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge Amp Kit
Rockford Fosgate 1 in/2 out Distribution Block

Rear/Sub:

JL Audio 10W3v3-2 Sub Woofer
Wicked CAS Corner Box
Rockford Fosgate R500-1D (Mono-Amp) with remote Bass-Boast control
Rockford Fosgate 4 Gauge Amp Kit

Line Output Converter:

Audiocontrol LC7i

This LOC worked PERFECT and I highly recommend it. I used the AV section of the FSM to determine the front speaker and tweeter output/signal wires from the Bose amp and cut them and then soldered/heat shrunk the connections. I connected the front speaker signal wires to the L & R main inputs on the LOC and the tweeter signal wires to the 2nd channel L & R input on the LOC. It has a "sum" jumper inside that sums the 2 seperate signals to the main output. The sub signal wires then go to channel 3 input and have a seperate output. It also has a ground isolation inside and I don't have ANY engine noise what so ever. I have yet to find the time to tune the system, but I'm very please with this set-up so far.

Last edited by pfdaxe; 02-19-2013 at 09:33 PM.
pfdaxe is online now   Reply With Quote