Thread: Walking Dead
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #400 (permalink)
The Dimer
Track Member

Drives: 2010 PW 370z
The Dimer has a spectacular aura aboutThe Dimer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster89 View Post
months of training is very little yall. Folks with years of training still don't tend to shoot accurately in a "firefight." Even with years of training, you will still sh1t yourself. Training is different from engagement experience. Training drills what your actions should be when you find yourself in that situation. Engagement experience desensitizes you so you don't literally sh1t your pants, you hands are a little bit steadier, you don't hesitate as long before acting, and decreases the chance of you puking after its all said and done. Hollywood tries to convince you that a lone gunman with a handgun can take down 40+ targets without getting shot and without having to take cover/reload.

Its the goddamn walking dead, you really think people would get able to get headshots on zombies the way they do in the show? Go to a range, rent any old handgun you want, get a reflex target (human silhouette), and try and get a headshot at even 15 feet. And that is in a nice range without any fear and adrenaline messing with you.

food for thought:
Figures coming out of Iraq and The Ghan combined estimate 250,000 rounds fired per insurgent killed.

Enjoy the show

I guess my comment did come off a little ignorant. What I was trying to say is that up until this point pretty much every character in the show has been able to one shot zombies from unrealistic distances (Carl nailing walkers from the guard tower with his pistol) without breaking a sweat with little more than Shane's training on the farm. Then as soon as someone is shooting back they can't hit the backside of a barn.

I realize they are different situations, but it just bothered that they went from appearing to be expert shooters to people that had never handled a gun in their lives.