View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ray View Post
When I converted to CFM, I borrowed the equation as defined in a thread on another forum. Thread is here: Grams per second-cfm?IAM of 15? - NASIOC

I understand as well that it is apples/oranges, but it's the best I could come up with.

Have you been able to determine if the value being logged for MAF is just one of the MAF's, or some kind of aggregate of the two MAF's?
No, not at all if the Grams per Second reading is just one or both.

There is MAF GPS, MAF B1 volts and MAF B2 volts. I'll do the GPS/CFM conversation and play with it a bit as it should be at least ballpark. There is too much legit automotive science out there that tells you what an engine needs regarding cfm to make a certain amount of power so it might be easier than I think.

But at 6200 rpm where the Grams Per Second levels off, the volts keeps climbing on both B1 and B2. Making a pretty safe guess it's left and right MAF and at 6200 rpm the output is about 4.0 volts each. At 7900 rpm the output (they vary slightly) it is about 4.30 volts which makes more sense to me as the voltage does continue to increase.

It's got to be a bug in the logging program is what comes to me right now. One of the issues is fine fuel/air tuning with the program relies upon accurate MAF readings to correlate at what rpm to tweak the MAF settings. Need to dig a little deeper as that may not be an issue and it might be based upon voltage instead of grams per second.

Upon first noticing it, my initial concern was is there something preventing the engine from getting enough air. Throttle bodies to small, not opening up, issues with the Gen 3 intake, something purposely induced by Nissan, etc. Another concern is traction control. Even though the traction control is turned off, is it still retarding timing or even closing the throttle body?

Everything will eventually come out in the wash, in the interim this thing is driving me nuts trying to figure out exactly what is going on and what to do about it.
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote