View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #456 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
Perhaps I don't understand your concern then. But a better example is something like the stillen cai. It's box and positioning pretty much choke it out also but I dyno ran it with the hood open to free up any air and with it closed where its in a pretty tight cage. No difference.

The vacuum effect is weird. That's why when you are shop vacuuming something even extremely light you still have to almost touch it to get it to suck up.

I'm not trying to say you had a silly question. I'm just saying that to put it to rest as a question regarding the kits engineering.
I'm assuming you're talking about the Stillen Gen II Intakes, because the Gen III's are in front of the bumper, open to unobstructed air from below?

It was just a Thought... nothing more, it was something I was thinking about and just curious to see what Tony had to say considering I don't have the kit to test for myself.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote