View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt@UAMotorsports View Post
great thoughts!

So I am looking for the car to have a full sound stage. That is the reason I was looking at a 3 way system and locating the 4" behind the seats to give that all encompassing sound. I am open to other options.

What would you recommend on the 2 way?

Your right the Bit One is BA! I have seen it used alot in higher end builds.

I am in the mindset that the sound should be smooth and not ear shattering. I am leaning more towards a more relaxed system than what I have heard focals give. Others have told me they are really aggressive. My wife plays violin so the music she listens to has a lot of strings and deep tones. I dont want the system to be ear shattering at higher levels... she likes to crank it sometimes.

In regards to the amp... The 6 channels would have to be run like so?
1:L1
2:L2
3:R1
4:R2
5:Bridged for Sub
6:Bridged for Sub

Any ideas on another headunit?

thanks again!
BA?

A 2 way setup I would recommend looking at hertz mile like the MLK 2. The image dynamics XS have an amazing silk tweeter with smooth roll off. Keep in mind when going active you have way more control over your tweeters. I like a smoother sound myself like found in martin logans, but I am running a focal KRX3 way setup in my car soon and I will be able to get them sounding smooth.

Morel I have nothing but good things to say about if you want to go with them as well.

Any single din head unit is going to give you better quality sound than a double din. I prefer alpines over others.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote