View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

I'd recommend running your 4's in the a pillars or kick panels and not running them so far away as behind you. Just curious why do you want to run a 3 way when a lot of high end 2 ways are just as good especially when ran active.

Back to your thoughts. I would recommend going with morel, hertz, or focal for your 3 way setup. Depending on what kind of sound your after would depend on which I would recommend. The focals have a much brighter and direct sound where as hertz and morel have a smoother more wider sound. Your going to need a seriously good class a/b amp to make them produce at their best (any high end speaker)

The first recommendation that comes to mind is the audison Lrx 6.9 fallowed by even higher end focal and mosconi amps.

If you do decide to go with your mids in the rears i highly advice going active something like the audison bitone. This will allow you to time delay your fronts and all much more control. It will also allow you to feed your tablet directly into it. The sad part about active is you will need 6 channels one for each speaker plus one for a sub. I would only advice going with one sub especially with a 3 way setup. That will actually be plenty in itself for the size of the car.

I will advise 3 things.

If any of her music is compressed your not going to get the best quality out of your speakers and you will hear how poor the quality is. As a audiophile with over 1,000+ albums I do not compress my music.

A high end SQ setup can be done well with a 2 way setup.

A 3 way setup is a pain to setup active.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/

Last edited by bigaudiofanat; 02-17-2013 at 09:34 PM.
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote