View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Entertaining the Idea of a 3 way component system for the wife...

Hey guys,

I am looking to pick up another Z. This one for DD and for the wife... She Loves her music and loves everything from classical, Rock, and techno. That is mainly what she listens to and not much else.

Components:
I am looking for a good set of 3 way component speakers and the right way to build it to her needs. I was thinking along the brands of Morel, Dynaudio, focal, or CDT... I am looking for quality but dont want to break the bank all of these seem to be around the $1k-2k range and I am good at finding deals... (I found authentic morel 603's for $500 new!)

Head unit:
I am also looking at a Pioneer stage 4 head unit or similar... Mainly looking for a good head unit for SQ. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Subwoofers:
I am wanting to run a set of two 10" woofers. I dont want it to rattle the car but I would like some sustained punch... I am open to ideas! (sealed/Ported enclosure?)

Amps:
When it comes to amps I definitely need some help. And I know this is going to depend on the speaker setup and sub setup. All your help will be appreciated.

Install:
My plan was to use the tweeter in the stock location, Use the 6.5" in the door panel and the 4" in the back kick panel. If you have other suggestions or Ideas I am all ears. I would also be running an active crossover setup. I am still debating on amp location as well as subs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and this would help me with my research into this setup. I am currently looking at a car that has the bose system and I have a brand new reQ sitting at home waiting to be used or sold either way. Thank you guys in advance for the help!

Mike
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054
bullitt5897 is offline   Reply With Quote